Our Sustainable Engagement
Our events are fun and a great way for groups of friends to let off steam. They also allow our participants to (re)discover our mountains.
We believe that such events are precious opportunities for our trekkers to realize how precious and fragile our environment is and to share in our social values.
Star Trekk's 4 Rs
We establish our carbon footprint thanks to Toovalu. Here are the footprints of our previous events:
Winter PaRaidise 1st edition: 5.54 tonnes of CO2 equivalent
Welcome to PaRaidise 6th edition: 3.47t CO2e
Welcome to PaRaidise 5th edition : 3.11t CO2e
Welcome to PaRaidise 4th edition : 3.81t CO2e
Welcome to PaRaidise 3th edition : 4.03t CO2e
- We travel between Paris and the location of our events on rails, not on the road. This decision to take the train instead of the bus, though costly and constraining, allows us to reduce our carbon footprint drastically. In fact, the train emits 10 times less CO2 per kilometer traveled than the bus.
- We use eco-cups and compostable cutlery
- We give our food suplus to local charities
- And of course we sort our waste
Once again, Star Trekk' worked with Pur Projet to compensate its emission for last year's Welcome to PaRaidise. Since the foundation of the student union, we strive to have a neutral carbon balance.
In 2017, we planted trees in Peru in order to help in the preservation of the Amazon Rain Forest, one of Earth's natural carbon sinks. More than 3 tonnes of CO2 where therefore compensated.
The implication of students in favor of sustainability is at the heart of our project. We do so through various means:
- by teaching the right waste sorting practices
- Sustainability Challenges are part of our scoring system
- monthly articles on our Facebook page
Every year, the association ImpAct certifies events ranging from the Salon de l'écologie to... our Trekk'!